Monday, May 31, 2010

Quick Trip

Charleston, S.C. is by far one of my favorite places to visit.  Amazing architecture, delicious food, plentiful vegetation, history (some good/some not so good), and, at the right time of year, balmy weather.  We took a day trip last week with friends.  And despite the heat and humidity, we managed a brief walk down King Street and through the Battery.  Thought that I'd share a few shots.  And if you are in the area, I believe this week is the Spoleto Festival, a  wonderful arts and music and food extravaganza in Charleston.  But take a fan and some sunscreen.  I think it is supposed to be a HOT one!



Just a few shots of the South end of King Street.

Gardens are everywhere...tucked into every nook and cranny.  The neighborhoods are so lush and green. 


The iron work in Charleston is just incredible.  Everywhere you look is a beautiful gate or an interesting detail.  I am assuming that the item pictured below is either to keep someone out or in...not sure if I really want to know the truth.





And a shot back on King Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment